Brothers From Other Mothers
A Support Group for Men by Men
Founded in 2019
I started this group because I saw a huge need for a Men’s Support Group. It is 2022 now and society has changed. Our role, as men, has also changed. We either evolve or get left behind.
My dad left before I turned 10 years old and I had no one to teach me how to be a man or what it even meant to be a man. I had to figure it out on my own.
This caused me to turn to toxic behaviour, and patterns, in order to find my masculinity and prove to the world that I was, indeed a man.
I was one of the lucky ones that were able to walk away from these destructive patterns and make a new life. I was able to meet men that are strong, open, and honest in a way that I did not know possible.
What they taught me was that what determines Manhood is how you treat and protect those around you. Not on how loud, and flashy you are.
There are many stereotypes that we are given by society on what a Man is and isn’t. This group is here to destroy these stereotypes and move into what we were born to be.
Men that are protectors, providers, partners, open, honest, vulnerable, fun, and anything else we want to be. We get to choose.
Who is it for?
- Men that want to be an example for the next generation.
- Men that are tired of being told how they should show up
- Men who want to lead, collaborate, and explore real masculinity
- Men who are looking for a safe space to be vulnerable and take off their masks
- Men who aren’t sure what it really means to be a MAN.
Who is it not for?
- Jerks, racists, sexists, etc.
- Guys only looking to learn how to pick up women/get laid
- Guys that feel the need to compete with everyone or take control of everything